Students’ Future Orientation : A Survey Study of Third Year Students in SMPN 11 Mataram in Academic Year 2012/2013
Background of The Study
Globalization era has brought many changes in life, it also affects the students life especially in reaching their future orientation. Students’ preparation in High School become one of the supporting point, related to their motivation in learning. Their motivation in learning and opportunities to continue their studies to the higher level will lead to achieve their own future orientation. It will also help them to achieve their best learning at school.
What kind of students’ future orientation that the students like most?
This survey aims to identify the types of students’ future orientation that they like most.
There is one variable in this survey, it is students’ future orientation.
Population and Sampling Technique
- The population of this survey is the students of third grade in SMPN 11 Mataram. The total is 200 students that come from 5 classes, each class consists of 40 students.
- Sampling technique which is used in this survey is proportional simple random technique in which the researcher chooses sampling students from each class, and students from each class are chose randomly. According to Arikunto who stated that :
- If the population < 100, take the population as the sample
- If the population > 100, take 5-10%, 20-25% of the population as the sample, the more the population, the more the percentage using.
- The researcher takes 50% of the population as the sample :
- 50/100 x 200 = 100 students
Thus, total of the students from one class that will be taken as sample is 100/5 = 20 students for each class.
How to Analyze?
This survey will collect the data by giving questionaire first to all of the population. After that, the researcher will interview after taking the sample.